Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Top Ten Things I Will and Will Not Miss About Madrid

Below are the top things I will and will not miss about life in Madrid. Most of these can only be appreciated by those who spent the last five months along side me in this crazy fiesta/siesta driven country but here it does anyway! They are in no particular order, except the number one!


Top Ten Things I Will Miss:
10) The Weather: I saw rain two days total during my five months in Spain and for the past month of two we have gotten sunlight from about 6AM to about 9:45PM... chillin.
9) Alcohol being cheaper than water and soda: This probably explains the dozens of beer bottles outide of the classrooms at UCM all hours of the day.
8) Cien Montaditos: On Wednesdays the crew would go and for 2Euro you can get a huge glass of either sangria or cerveza and a tapa!
7) The Metro: This was a close second.... Legit, the best metro system I have ever seen in my life.
6) Being in five countries in ten days!
5) Waking up at 3PM and it being completely acceptable: Last time I checkd my iPhone alarms it read... 10:45am, 1:25pm, 5:25pm, 9:00pm and 10:30pm...
4) Hearing and practicing spanish on a daily basis.
3) Street Performers in Sol: In particular I will miss those glittery donkey heads on sticks and the short plump (plump is a euphemism) man in the skin tight Spiderman costume.
2) Llallao: The most amazing Fro-Yo in the world!
1) BC in Madrid: The most amazing/crazy/funny/intelligent/ people I have ever partied 5-6 days a week with... perhaps the only people I have ever partied that much with...

Top Ten Things I Will NOT Miss:
10) The Euro: It kicked my ass... enough said in that dept.
9) Men in Jorts: Yes, wearing jean shorts is cool in Madrid... that is a fashion I hope none of the BC boys brings back... cough cough Charlie and Costello...
8) DORM FOOD: I Cannot stress this enough... cubes of lard disguised as ham, French Fries twice a day every single day, etc. To further illustrate my point, I once found bones in my carrot... what the hell does that even mean?
7) Lunch Ladies AKA Food Nazis: No we are not hoarding chocolate pudding under our clothes so please stop making us strip for you...
6) Starting the night at 1AM: I understand I am 21 and this should be so "sick" and "epic" but it's not... after 11:30 I just want my sleep.
5) Sleeping in Public: Airport floors, overnight buses, Starbucks, McDonalds, the beach, the library... you name it, I have done it.
4) Waiting five minutes for the internet to load.
3) The Cisneros Boys: Yelling that you want to "****" people out of your windows or from your benches will probably not score you any ladies... and yes I am an "American girl" thanks for telling me every day... and seriously, how do you know my name?
2) TERD PANTS: These pants that are in style that legitimately look like you are either storing your poo from the past 14 months or that you are transporting illegal children across borders... why is your crotch so low and why do you think that makes you look good?
1) Edificio B AKA Prison and all the occurred within those walls... 12 hour class days, teachers whose names I didn't know blabbering on about nothing, frigid hallways, and Picnic sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment